Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back Yard Blues...

One of my biggest issues for the duplex is the back yard. It isn't really a backyard but more like the largest sandpit in Texas. We have very very very little grass back there.

While I am completely in love with our 4-legged children...they bring in pounds of sand everyday. They go out and lay in the sand, run in the sand, and play in the sand. So when their sweet little paws hit my tile floor in the kitchen, so does the pounds of sand. YUCK.

This means that most every day I am sweeping up little piles of sand from all over the house, and vacuuming the carpet to get the sand out. I swear that one day I will vacuum or sweep up the entire yard full of sand.

The other thing I dislike about our back yard is that our puppy has figured out that we wouldn't chase him into the back yard late at night if he drug anything out there. Also, he learned that when we were gone to work he could play. So before we knew it the back yard looked like this:







Yes, nasty I know. I am a little ashamed. But with a puppy you are busy enough and don't see what's piling up outside. 

So I called the yard guys (who only mow the front lawn) and asked them to come clean up the back yard. So a well spent $35 later the back yard was picked up of all trash, leaves, gumballs, and pine needles. We have sense tilled the back yard and spreed grass seed. I am praying that it grows. 

If not....I am planning a trip to Lowes and getting sod and laying that. I am BOUND and DAD-GUM DETERMINED that before the baby gets here, the back yard is going to look like this:

I just hope all my dreams can come true soon! :-)

1 comment:

  1. ahh a yard full of green grass.. i wish! (p.s. make your pictures bigger... puhlease? they are hard to see! or i am getting old. or both. yeah.)

    ReplyDelete