Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rub and Grub

Today I had planned to paint the bathroom, I had been thinking about colors ALL week. I had put money back to cover the cost of paint, tape, rollers and all other painting supplies. My dream was put on hold when I remembered, well reminded by my sweet hubby that we were cooking for a fundraiser for his job. 

So, this morning we rolled out of bed at 6:30 (on a Saturday...GAG) and headed to the golf course. Got there and fired up the grill. This grill is AWESOME! It is a trailer with a smoker and a grill welded on.


Once the grill got good and hot my wonderful Hubby started to cook!

This chicken was some of the best chicken I think I have EVER EVER had!! It was seasoned in Lowery's Seasoning Salt and a dry BBQ rub from a local BBQ joint. It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! 

See.....



This was just one round of chicken. They cooked (and I supervised--yes, it was a very hard job) about 150 pieces of chicken. The chicken was a complete hit. Everyone loved it. 

I am so proud of him and his Dad's hard work today. I know everyone left with a full tummy!!

1 comment: