Friday, April 8, 2011

Its a family affair...

There are several people in this world who understand why this duplex is not just any other duplex, it is THE duplex. There is none like it and there will never be another place like it in our family. It is a story that makes us sound a little nutty, but that nutty-ness is what makes our family AWESOME! :-)

Uncle Bobby (my husbands uncle) bought the duplex several years ago for his mom to live in one side of. The other side he rents out. Here is the list/ order of who all has lived at THE duplex:

1.My husband's sister the wonderful Skye (who you can follow over at Nethering Our Fest--she has a pretty awesome blog!). When she moved in she had a wonderful room mate named Liz.

2.After Skye and Liz moved out Grandpa moved in. He lived there for awhile before he passed away. It still saddens me that I never got to meet this man. He sounds amazing.

3.Then Skye moved in after he passed away.

4.Not to long after Skye had moved in the 2nd time, I came along. I met her brother (who is now my husband) at college down the road. I wanted out of the dorms, so I moved my happy little self in with Skye. 

5. About 6 months later Chris proposed to Skye and so moving out began for me!!

6.Naturally Chris was the next person in the family to move his self right on into THE duplex. After they got married, they found out that they were moving to Louisiana so guess who got to move back in after they moved out??

7...that’s right! ME! I moved back in!

8. Next came my wonderfully HUBBY! :-) and soon we will be joined by the next member of the family to live in the duplex....

9. BABY HAWTHORNE! He/She will be here soon and will be just another member of the family to be able to call THE duplex home!

This list does not include our four-legged family members who have been able to call THE duplex home. But we have had our fair share running in and out of that doggy door in the back! :-)

With all the family history in just this one house, it is easy to feel at home, but I am slowly working on making it even better. I hope to be able to show the growth of THE duplex over the next few months as we get ready and get THE duplex ready for a new little bundle of joy! So come along with me and join me in the transformations, frustrations and imperfections that make THE duplex...well just that THE duplex!!

1 comment:

  1. woot woot! the long, intricate, totally drama-filled life of the duplex! i think i am going to write a blog post about it too! :)

    ReplyDelete